Q1 Recap Summary:
- The Federal Reserve takes a less “hawkish” stance
- The truce in the trade dispute holds
- The real estate market strengthens
- Stocks make an impressive comeback from Q4
THE QUARTER IN BRIEF
IN THIS MONTH’S RECAP
- Domestic and foreign shares up modestly in the month
- Scheduled tariff increases on Chinese goods postponed
- Fed Reserve gives a more dovish outlook on interest rates
- Some signs of US economic slowing but economy remains strong
For those of you interested in the details of the market, here is our recap of January’s economic activities.
In this month’s recap
Even with less itemizing, there are still tax documents you want to retain for years to come. With the start of the tax season, we thought it would be prudent to send out a refresher on what documents to keep and for how long and when and what you can discard.
How much do you really know about long term care? Here are some eldercare facts and eldercare myths for you to consider.
To say that 2018 was a year of ups and downs would be an understatement! Here is a look at where we started and how we ended the year along with the details on what
THE MAJOR THEMES OF 2018
Summary of this week’s letter:
- Volatility is up and likely to persist
- Market downturns are frequent and common
- How we invest to weather all market conditions
- Reiterating the case for international exposure
For those of you interested in the details of the economy, here’s November’s monthly economic report.